What is a Restricted License?
A restricted license is a type of driver’s license that allows you to drive under certain conditions. In AZ, a restricted license is often given to drivers who have had their license suspended or revoked, or to drivers who have been convicted of certain types of offenses.
How Do I Apply for a Restricted License in AZ?
To apply for a restricted license in AZ, you will need to do the following:
- Visit your local AZ MVD office
- Provide proof of identification
- Provide proof of insurance
- Complete a written and vision test
- Pay the necessary fees
- Provide any other documentation required by the MVD
What Are the Restrictions of a Restricted License?
The restrictions of a restricted license vary depending on the reason for the restriction. Some common restrictions include:
- Driving only during certain hours
- Driving only to and from work or school
- Driving only to attend court-ordered appointments
- Not being allowed to transport passengers
How Long Does a Restricted License Last?
The length of time a restricted license lasts depends on the reason for the restriction. In some cases, the restriction may only last a few months, while in others it may last several years.
Can I Drive Outside of AZ with a Restricted License?
It depends on the restrictions of your specific restricted license. In some cases, you may be allowed to drive outside of AZ, while in others you may not be permitted to leave the state.
What Happens If I Violate the Restrictions of My Restricted License?
If you violate the restrictions of your restricted license, you may face additional penalties. This could include having your license suspended or revoked, fines, or even jail time.
What If I Need to Drive for Work?
If you need to drive for work, you may be able to apply for a special type of restricted license called an occupational license. This license allows you to drive for work purposes only.
What If I Need to Transport My Children?
If you need to transport your children, you may be able to apply for an exception to the passenger restriction on your restricted license. This will depend on the specific circumstances of your case.
Can I Get a Restricted License If I Have a DUI?
Yes, in some cases you may be able to get a restricted license after a DUI conviction. However, you will need to meet certain requirements and complete an alcohol screening program.
How Can I Find Out More Information About Getting a Restricted License?
You can visit your local AZ MVD office or check their website for more information about getting a restricted license.
Is There Anything Else I Need to Know?
It’s important to follow all of the restrictions of your restricted license to avoid any additional penalties. Additionally, if you have any questions or concerns, it’s always best to contact the AZ MVD for assistance.
Tips for Applying for a Restricted License
- Bring all necessary documentation with you to the MVD office
- Be prepared to take a written and vision test
- Consider hiring an attorney to help with the application process
Restricted License Application Fees
|$25||Restricted license fee|
|$10||Written test fee|
|$12.50||Vision test fee|
Applying for a restricted license in AZ may seem daunting, but with these helpful tips and information, you can navigate the process with ease. Remember to follow all of the restrictions of your license to avoid any additional penalties, and always contact the AZ MVD if you have any questions or concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about applying for a restricted license in AZ:
- What is a restricted license?
- How do I apply for a restricted license in AZ?
- What are the restrictions of a restricted license?
- How long does a restricted license last?
- Can I drive outside of AZ with a restricted license?
- What happens if I violate the restrictions of my restricted license?
- What if I need to drive for work?
- What if I need to transport my children?
- Can I get a restricted license if I have a DUI?
- How can I find out more information about getting a restricted license?